Need help with
- Depression and Mood problems
- Anxiety, Panic, Phobias,
- Stress Management
- Eating Issues
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem
- Relationship Issues
- Relationship counselling / Couples Therapy
- Sexual issues
- Weight Management
- Family Counselling
- Marriage Preparation
- Child Counselling
- Career Development
- Bi-Polar Mood
- Sexual Issues
- Pain Management
- Terminal Illness
- Life Issues
Most people will experience difficulties and setbacks at some point in their lives. Working with a clinical psychologist can enable you to deal with these issues more easily and constructively and gain a greater understanding of your self, your behaviours and thinking patterns, and enhance your sense of well-being and life satisfaction.
I am a registered clinical psychologist with both graduate and post graduate qualifications in psychology. I bring to my work many years of life experience and 18 years of experience as a family and child counsellor and psychotherapist and have been registered as a psychologist for over 13 years. I have since carried out further studies and gained qualifications as a Clinical Psychologist, which enables suitably referred clients to gain a higher Medicare Rebate for my services. I am a member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society.
It can be helpful to work with a professional who has spent many years acquiring skills and expertise through extensive university training and who is able to work with you in a way that enables you to deal with the “emotional aspects” of life’s challenges.
If you are curious to see if psychological work may be helpful or you are concerned about someone else who may be acting out of character, please don’t hesitate to call me on 0419 411 709 . Perhaps I can help……
- Stress Reduction techniques? We all need them to survive today’s fast paced world….. (2/18/2014) - Without stress reduction strategies I don’t think I would have survived past 30 years of age!! Meditation, relaxation techniques, mindfulness practices are all enjoying increased popularity and positive findings in current medical and psychological research. Time magazine recently featured Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programs being run in an increasing number of Medical facilities and clinics [...]
- What is “Emotional Regulation” and why is it important? (2/18/2014) - Our ability to regulate our emotions and use them to identify our needs and wants is at the heart of healthy functioning Issues in emotional regulation or difficulties or an inability to cope with experience or process emotions leaves us vulnerable to mental health issues and these difficulties have been implicated in eating disorders, generalised [...]
- Relationship difficulties? (2/18/2014) - DOES YOUR RELATIONSHIP STRUGGLE DESPITE YOUR BEST INTENTIONS? Do you make all sorts of promises to yourself, and each other, about not arguing any more…and before you know it you and your partner are having yet another painful disagreement? Couples can very easily trigger each other unintentionally. Relationship researcher John Gottman claims certain ways of [...]
- Calm Under Stress (2/11/2014) - Want to remain calm no matter what stresses are going on or who is provoking you? Want to experience more rewarding relationships?
Want to learn more about simple "brain exercises" to help change the brain, and why they work?.
- How does Mental Imagery help clients achieve the outcomes they want from therapy? (3/15/2012) - Mental imagery is a very effective tool to enhance our effectiveness in a wide range of areas, from olympic athletes wanting to improve their performance to you and I in the achievement of our individual goals for our work our relationships and most areas of our life. This evidence based tool helps provide individual clients [...]