Need help with
- Depression and Mood problems
- Anxiety, Panic, Phobias,
- Stress Management
- Eating Issues
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem
- Relationship Issues
- Relationship counselling / Couples Therapy
- Sexual issues
- Grief and loss
- Weight Management
- Family Counselling
- Marriage Preparation
- Children-assessment/treatment- Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD
- Career Development
- Bi-Polar Mood
- Sexual Issues
- Pain Management
- Terminal Illness
- Life Issues
Most people will experience difficulties and setbacks at some point in their lives. Working with a clinical psychologist can enable you to deal with these issues more easily and constructively and gain a greater understanding of your self, your behaviours and thinking patterns, and enhance your sense of well-being and life satisfaction.
Kate MacKinnon is a registered clinical psychologist with both graduate and post graduate qualifications in psychology. Kate brings to her work many years of life experience and 20 years of experience as a family and child counsellor and psychotherapist and have been registered as a psychologist for over 16 years. She has since carried out further studies and gained qualifications as a Clinical Psychologist, which enables suitably referred clients to gain a higher Medicare Rebate for my services. She is a member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society.
Kate’s associate, Patricia Kiely is also a Registered Clinical psychologist, with a Masters of Clinical Psychology with over 38 years experience in clinical practice. Patricia brings to the practice extensive experience working with children and families, couples, adults and groups and particular expertise in the assessment and treatment of a broad range of clinical issues including adults with pervasive developmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, adults and children with ADHD, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, stress management, trauma, relationship and issues. Patricia has written and delivered professional accredited training and has published and presented a number of papers at national and international conferences. She brings a great deal of expertise and knowledge to MacKinnon Psychology and it’s clients.
It can be helpful to work with professionals who have spent many years acquiring skills and expertise through extensive university training and who are able to work with you in a way that enables you to deal with the “emotional aspects” of life’s challenges.
If you are curious to see if psychological work may be helpful or you are concerned about someone else who may be acting out of character, please don’t hesitate to call me on 0419 411 709 . Perhaps I can help……
- New Offices (7/23/2016) - MacKinnon Psychology is moving to new Offices at Cremorne on 1st August. Our new rooms are conveniently located in the Cremorne Town Centre, opposite the Orpheum Picture Theatre. Suite 6 is on level 1, in the Cremorne Town Centre Offices, at 287 Military Road, Cremorne. 2090. There is free two hour parking under the building […]
- Sleep difficulties? (4/14/2016) - Sleeping difficulties can be frustrating and distressing, and lead to high levels of stress and irritability and is a significant feature in both depression and anxiety. Sleep is how we “fill our tank”, metaphorically speaking, so if precious sleep is lost night after night we can find ourselves “running on empty”. (and cars don’t run […]
- MacKinnon Psychology takes on an extra Clinical Psychologist (4/14/2016) - Establishing MacKinnon Psychology as a family friendly Psychology Practice in the Mosman area for over 16 years has been a very rewarding experience, and it is exciting to have reached the next stage of growth and to add another highly experienced Clinical Psychologist to what has become a very busy and successful practice. There will […]
- Stress Reduction techniques? We all need them to survive today’s fast paced world….. (2/18/2014) - Without stress reduction strategies I don’t think I would have survived past 30 years of age!! Meditation, relaxation techniques, mindfulness practices are all enjoying increased popularity and positive findings in current medical and psychological research. Time magazine recently featured Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programs being run in an increasing number of Medical facilities and clinics […]
- What is “Emotional Regulation” and why is it important? (2/18/2014) - Our ability to regulate our emotions and use them to identify our needs and wants is at the heart of healthy functioning Issues in emotional regulation or difficulties or an inability to cope with experience or process emotions leaves us vulnerable to mental health issues and these difficulties have been implicated in eating disorders, generalised […]
- Relationship difficulties? (2/18/2014) - DOES YOUR RELATIONSHIP STRUGGLE DESPITE YOUR BEST INTENTIONS? Do you make all sorts of promises to yourself, and each other, about not arguing any more…and before you know it you and your partner are having yet another painful disagreement? Couples can very easily trigger each other unintentionally. Relationship researcher John Gottman claims certain ways of […]
- Calm Under Stress (2/11/2014) - Want to remain calm no matter what stresses are going on or who is provoking you? Want to experience more rewarding relationships?
Want to learn more about simple "brain exercises" to help change the brain, and why they work?.
- How does Mental Imagery help clients achieve the outcomes they want from therapy? (3/15/2012) - Mental imagery is a very effective tool to enhance our effectiveness in a wide range of areas, from olympic athletes wanting to improve their performance to you and I in the achievement of our individual goals for our work our relationships and most areas of our life. This evidence based tool helps provide individual clients […]